Page history - Saga heimasíđu Kristjáns
Tools used - Tól sem notuđ eru
Today I use HtmlEd32 editor designing the web pages, its a simple text editor with html menu/toolbar shortcuts.
I also use some additional tools at complex operations and would like to mention a good tool called
ActiveX Control pad from Microsoft, its expecially handy designing with ActiveX and VbScript.
Then I use some graphic programs processing pictures, like Microsoft Photo editor, a part of Office, and
Photofiltre, a good free graphic program.
IrfanView is a small and handy program, to view pictures, create thumbnails and more.
Bookmark wizard is a good program that can read Favorites and save it to html document.
Í dag nota ég HtmlEd32 editor viđ ađ hanna síđurnar, texta editor međ html flýtileiđum.
Einnig nota ég ýmis hjálpartól viđ flóknari ađgerđir og vil ég helst nefna skemmtilegt tól sem nefnist
ActiveX Control Pad og er frá Microsoft, ţađ er sérstaklega hentugt til ađ hanna ActiveX og VBscript.
Ţá hef ég notađ ýmis grafik forrit viđ vinnslu mynda eins og Microsoft Photo Editor sem fylgir međ Office pakkanum
og Photofiltre, gott grafíkforrit af netinu. Ennfremur nota ég IrfanView, lítiđ og handhćgt forrit, til ađ skođa myndir,
búa til thumbnails o.fl. Ţá nota ég líka Bookmark wizard, hentugt forrit
sem getur lesiđ Favorites og vistađ sem html skrá.
Public appearance of web - Birting síđu opinberlega
25. apr. 2019 - Added photos from walk in Elliđaárdalur, updated Waterfalls and Birds page
22. apr. 2019 - Added photos from walk in Stardalur and updated Waterfalls page
21. apr. 2019 - Added photos from walk in Grćndalur and updated Waterfalls page
7. apr. 2019 - Added photos from walk and others
3. feb. 2019 - Added photos from walk in Mosó and on Úlfarsfell
13. jan. 2019 - Added photos from walk in Mosó and in Blikdal, updated Waterfalls page
9. jan. 2019 - Updated Walking plan for 2019 and added Gönguplan 2018 (in icelandic) to Articles
6. jan. 2019 - Added some photos from New year's eve
31. dec. 2018 - Updated Waterfalls page after comparison to the book Íslenskir fossar / Icelandic waterfalls
by Jón Kr. Gunnarsson
26. dec. 2018 - Merry christmas and a Happy new year. Added some photos.
27. nov. 2018 - Have started updating my web site from HTML 4.0 to HTML 5.0 with more use of CSS. Starting with a new menu.
17. oct. 2018 - Added some photos from summerhouse and Sogiđ
1. oct. 2018 - Added some photos from walks and summerhouse
27. aug. 2018 - Added some photos from town festivals in Reykjavik and Mosó
25. aug. 2018 - Added some photos from trip to eastern part of Iceland, updated Waterfalls and Birds page
25. jul. 2018 - Added some photos from trips
17. jul. 2018 - Added photos from trip to Snćfellsnes and updated Waterfalls and Birds page
6. jul. 2018 - Added some photos from trip to Djúpivogur and updated Waterfalls and Birds page
21. jun. 2018 - Added some photos and updated Waterfalls page
8. jun. 2018 - Added photos from trip to Bratislava and England, updated Waterfalls and Birds page
4. apr. 2018 - Added photos from walk in march
23. feb. 2018 - Added photos from walking and updated Walking plan and Waterfalls page
23. dec. 2017 - Merry christmas and a Happy new year.Added some photos.
4. dec. 2017 - Added photos from trip to Agadir Morocco, updated Birds and Waterfalls page
4. oct. 2017 - Added photos from walk along Kaldakvísl and updated Waterfalls page
18. sep. 2017 - Added photos from walk on Einbúa on Reykjafell and updated Waterfalls page
10. sep. 2017 - Added photos from walk on Grímannsfell and updated Waterfalls page
4. sep. 2017 - Added photos from "Í túninu heima" in Mosfellsbćr and some bridges also updated Waterfalls page
19. aug. 2017 - Added photos from summer trips. Updated Waterfalls and Birds page
14. jul. 2017 - Added photos from trip to summerhouse. Updated Waterfalls and Birds page
10. may. 2017 - Added photos from walk on Lagafell and Ţverfell and from trip to Ljubljana. Updated Waterfalls page,
Birds page and Walking page
20. jan. 2017 - Added photos from walk in Heiđmörk and from New years eve. Updated Walking page and Articles
25. dec. 2016 - Merry christmas and a Happy new year. Added some photos.
17. oct. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Vikrafell, Vífilsfell and Aurora borealis
26. sep. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Seljadal and Ţverfell and some cycling tours also updated Waterfalls page
30. aug. 2016 - Added photos from summer vacation and walk on Bjarnarfell and Grímansfell
also updated Walking page, Waterfalls page and Birds page
5. jul. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Ok and trip to Hólaskjól also updated Walking page, Waterfalls page and Birds page
7. jun. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Dýjadalahnúk, also updated Walking page and Birds page
10. may 2016 - Added photos from walk on Hestfjall and from summerhouse, also updated Walking page, Waterfalls page and Birds page
7. apr. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Draugahlíđ and Stóra-Kóngsfell, also updated Walking page
15. mar. 2016 - Added photos from trip to Toronto Canada
14. feb. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Vífilsfell and Sóthóll and updated Walking page
7. feb. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Selfjall and Hafrahlíđ and updated Walking page
25. jan. 2016 - Added photos from walk on Reykjaborg and updated Walking page
17. jan. 2016 - Added some photos from walk on Reykjafell and updated Walking page
3. jan. 2016 - Added some photos from summerhouse and updated Walking page and Articles
1. jan. 2016 - Added some photos from fireworks and walk
26. dec. 2015 - Merry christmas and Happy new year. Added some photos and some minor changes.
7. dec. 2015 - Added photos from snow in Reykjavik
17. nov. 2015 - Added photos from walk in Hrossadal and updated Walking page
2. nov. 2015 - Added photos from walk in Elliđaárdal
13. oct. 2015 - Added autumn photos from Summerhouse
30. sep. 2015 - Added photos from Summerhouse and Lunar eclipse
23. aug. 2015 - Added photos from Cultural evening (Menningarnótt)
18. aug. 2015 - Added photos from summer vacation, updated Waterfalls, Birds and Walking pages
5. jul. 2015 - Added photos from walk on Síldarmannagötur
2. jul. 2015 - Added photos from walk on Gatfell and Hvirfill, updated Walking page and some more
20. jun. 2015 - Added some photos amd other minor updates
10. may. 2015 - Added photos from trip to Budapest and from Summerhouse
12. apr. 2015 - Added photos from walk in Heiđmörk and Elliđaárdal and from Summerhouse
22. mar. 2015 - Added photos from solar eclipse
17. mar. 2015 - Added photos from Elliđaardal, updated About page and Walking page
1. mar. 2015 - Added photos from trip to summerhouse and Ţingvellir, and to Waterfalls
22. feb. 2015 - Added photos from visit to summerhouse and walk in Elliđaárdal
8. feb. 2015 - Added photos from visit to summerhouse
30. jan. 2015 - Added some Articles, and some other minor updates
11. jan. 2015 - Added photos from skiwalking on Hellisheiđi
4. jan. 2015 - Updated Walking page and added some Articles (in icelandic)
1. jan. 2015 - Added some photos from New years eve and day
25. dec. 2014 - Merry christmas and Happy new year.
Added some photos and some updates recently
16. nov. 2014 - Added new photos, updated Walking page, and updated some pages
19. oct. 2014 - Added some photos
16. sep. 2014 - This web might be down for some time on saturday 20. september due to maintenance
4. sep 2014 - Finally I have finished updating after the summer vacation. Added a lot of pictures from travel to Mývatn, Ásbyrgi and Jökulsárgljúfur
and Cultural evening in Reykjavik. Added pictures to Waterfalls page and added new Birds photo page. Also updated Walking page. And other minor changes.
21. aug 2014 - I am in the process of adding pictures and updating pages after the summer vacation
4. may 2014 - Updated Walking plan and added some photos from walk on Litli-Meitill and Stori-Dimon
21. apr 2014 - Added some photos
13. mar 2014 - Updated Waterfalls page
9. mar 2014 - Added pictures from Elliđaardalur and updated Walking plan
21. feb 2014 - Added pictures from Elliđaardalur and Heiđmörk and some minor changes
19. jan 2014 - Added some winter Photos
1. jan 2014 - Merry christmas and Happy new year
Updated Walking page, moved Walking plan for 2013 to Articles, added some Photos, updated links and more
10. oct 2013 - Added some Photos from summerhouse and minor updates
11. aug 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Múlafjall and updated Walking plan
9. aug 2013 - Added Photos from summer vacation, updated Walking plan and some more
7. jul 2013 - Added some links and changed Photos tab selection
3. jul 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Skógá / Fimmvörđuháls, Urriđafoss and more. Also updated Walking plan
9. jun 2013 - Added Photos from bicycle tour, updated Walking plan and added some Articles
3. jun 2013 - Added Photos of animal life from summerhouse
27. may 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Fremri-Eldborg and trees from summerhouse
14. may 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Grindaskörđ, Arnarfell and Geitafell, also updated Walking plan
26. apr. 2013 - Added Photos and updated Walking plan
26. mar. 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Stapatind on Sveifluhals, updated Walking plan and updated some links
19. mar. 2013 - Added Photos from walk on Blakoll and Reykjafell, updated Walking plan and updated Bookmark page
3. mar. 2013 - Added new Photos from walk on Draugahlid and updated some links
19. feb. 2013 - Added some pictures and updated links
31. dec. 2012 - Merry christmas and a Happy new Year.
Updated Walking plan, added new Articles about Walking plan 2012 and from my blog page, updated Page history
and added some new Photos
5. nov. 2012 - Added new Photos from walk on Vatnshlíđ and in Elliđaárdalur, updated Walking plan, and added new article
about cinemas, kvikmyndahus, to Articles, in icelandic
14. oct. 2012 - Added new Photos from walk on Stóra-Kóngsfell this weekend, updated Page history, updated Walking page and added
7. oct. 2012 - Added some Photos from walk on Tröllafoss this weekend
29. sep. 2012 - Added new photos page Waterfalls, with pictures of waterfalls
15. sep. 2012 - Added Photos from trip to Malmö Sweden last weekend
5. sep. 2012 - Added some Photos from walk on Ingolfsfjall last weekend
30. aug. 2012 - Second part of Photos from summer vacation added
28. aug. 2012 - Finally managed to add Photos from summer vacation and updated Walking plan
31. jul. 2012 - Added some Photos and updated some pages for IE9
27. jun. 2012 - Updated Walking plan and added some Photos
21. jun. 2012 - Updated Walking plan and added Photos some days ago
8. may. 2012 - Added some Photos
6. may. 2012 - Updated Walking plan and added some Photos
2. may. 2012 - Updated Walking plan and added some Photos
24. apr. 2012 - Updated Walking plan, Page history and added some Photos
17. mar. 2012 - Started adding TITLE tag in addition to ALT tag to support IE9 and others, added some links, updated page history
27. feb. 2012 - Updated walking page and added some links
2. feb. 2012 - Added some more pictures
24. jan. 2012 - Added some pictures
3. jan. 2012 - Happy new Year.
Updated Walking plan and Articles, added some pictures and links
24. nov. 2011 - Added some links from Favorites
20. nov. 2011 - Updated Walking plan and added some photos
12. nov. 2011 - Updated Page history and added Test area on Computer page, also added some links
November 2011 - Page history modified and added english to old parts. Will from now on only be in english.
June/July 2011 - Menu moved from left side to top of page, simulating tab behavious.
Moved links from Favorties to the web, and try to minimiza Favorites and centralize them, make them available everywhere.
Júní/Júlí 2011 - Valmynd breytt og flutt efst á síđu, líkt flipum.
Flutt úr favorites á vefinn og reynt ađ minnka favorites
Later in July 2008 - I have managed to set up my own domain. Flakkari is a icelandic word and means someone who travels a lot without
a goal, not meaning I travel without planning but travel without means. It also means a portable hard disk which suits well
for my computer enthusiasm. The biggest problem have been to find a good name for this site. But stumbling onto flakkari
sounded nice, it is easy both in icelandic and english. I initially wanted to have a icelandic domain, like .is, but soon
found it too expensive compared to other domains, which is sad.
8. july 2008 - Centrum had moved to Síminn (Icelandic telecom) and service declined. Visibility was small and possibility of increasing
the page was expensive. I started to look around and a friend recommended Siteground. They offered good space at reasonable price
and a own domain. The main problem was that .is was not possible.
But I took the change and founded flakkari.net at Siteground, where the page is today.
8. júlí 2008 - Centrum fluttist yfir til Símans og ţjónustu hrakađi stöđugt. Sýnileiki var lítill og lítill möguleiki á stćkkun
nema međ miklum kostnađi. Ég fór ađ líta í kringum mig og var bent á Siteground af kunningja. Ţeir buđu upp á nóg pláss
á hagstćđu verđi og eigin domain. Ađal gallinn var ađ ekki var .is í bođi.
Ég sló samt til og stofnađi flakkari.net, ţar sem síđan er í dag.
May/June 1998 - Page history is started, only in icelandic. Pictures added to computerpage and number of frames reduced,
koala bear got hidden links with VbScript. Some pictures corrected that were in too big frame.
Mai/Júní 1998 - Saga síđunnar hefur göngu sína. Bćtt inn myndum á tölvusíđu og römmum fćkkađ, koala björn fćr felutengingar
međ VBscript. Lagfćrđar nokkrar myndir sem voru í of stórum ramma
19. may 1998 - Public appearance of the web. Then if you knew the address you could access the web publicly.
It was hosted at Midheimar/Centrum as khr (www.centrum.is/~khr).
19. maí 1998 - Opinber birting síđunnar Ţá var hćgt ađ nálgast hana ef menn vissu slóđina.
Ţá var hún vistuđ hjá Miđheimum/Centrum undir khr.
April 1998 - Then I started thinking of refreshing the web a little. And as I finally increased some part of my computer I also bought
a 14,4 kbps modem and got an access to the internet from home.
Apríl 1998 - Ţá fór ég ađ spá í ađ hressa upp á síđuna. Og lét ég verđa ađ ţví um leiđ og ég
stćkkađi ađra hluta tölvunnar ađ eitt módem fylgdi međ í kaupunum, og auđvitađ ađgangur ađ neti.
Used at work - Notkun vegna vinnu
When I was working at Research liasion office I developed the page further, mostly by increasing links related to computers and work.
Same development continued working for Landsbanki (National bank of Iceland). I used to travel a lot and it was good to have access to links central.
The web was usually set up on computer accessible from local web. But there were always desire to have own access.
From that on I start to think of showing the web to public.
Er ég var ađ vinna hjá Rannsóknarţjónustu Háskólans ţróađi ég síđuna áfram, ađallega međ ađ fjölga linkum tengdum tölvu og vinnu.
Sama ţróun hélt áfram ţegar ég var hjá Landsbankanum. Mađur var oft mikiđ á ferđinni og gott ađ hafa ađgang ađ linkum miđlćgt.
Síđan var ţví yfirleitt vistuđ á tölvu sem ađgangur var á innraneti. En ţađ var alltaf löngun í ađ vera međ eigin link.
Út frá ţví fór ég ađ huga ţví ađ birta síđuna opinberlega.
School experiments - Tilraunir í skóla
Initially I started with a web page in school, when I was in TVÍ (Computer college of Icelandic Business school, now Reykjavik university)
it has been around the year 1995. There I set up a web page that in fact were just favorites.
There was one course about html programming and there we wrote a cgi script to accept request from html page and show reply.
Upphaflega byrjađi ég međ síđu í skólanum er ég var í TVÍ (Tölvuháskóli Verslunarskóla Íslands, núna Háskólinn Reykjavík)
ţađ hefur veriđ um 1995. Mađur setti náttúrlega saman síđu sem var í raun bara favorites.
Síđan var einn kúrs um html forritun og ţar skrifuđum viđ cgi forrit til ađ taka viđ beiđni frá html síđu og birta svar.